Sunday, October 20, 2013

New white phalaenopsis for 1/2 off!

New plant I bought from the 50% off table at Home Depot for $7.50. No tag. She did have scale insects which I removed. I get a little crazy over scale insects, especially when introducing a new plant. Here is what I do when introducing a new plant. First, I let it finish blooming/ let it acclimatize to the relocation. Then, I unpot it and take a look at the roots. Cut off dead ones. After that, I will cover the roots with a plastic bag and spray the foliage with Clorox Green Works to remove insects. I haven't killed a plant with this yet but there is always a first time. I recommend using something more conventional on a valuable plant. I rinse the plant very well then repot with new media and water. Done! Your plant has been disinfected! Haha. I know it is extreme. This mostly applies to plants when I don't know where they were grown/have been sitting in a supply store unsupervised for weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment